Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

SR RKC David Whitley sent his newsletter today -- very interesting. David puts up a challenge for the next 9 weeks. This is exactly what I have been working at for the past 2 weeks. Of course now I have to define my goals a little differently.

From David's blog:

It is 9 weeks until Thanksgiving.

Thus begins the American cycle of overeating, oversoending and skipping workouts, sliding into the New Year in fatter, weaker, more broke and more miserable than ever, only to begin anew come January 1.

Does it sound familiar? This doesn't have to be you. Not this year. You can break the cycle. If you have already successfully broken this cycle, then I applaud you! If not, I would like to help you.

How am I going to do that? By issuing a 2-part challenge to you:

Number One: I want you to set at least one performance goal that you want to accomplish by Thanksgiving. What is a performance goal? It could be something like doing 50 consecutive push ups, or hitting 200 reps of kettlebell snatches in 10 minutes. It's important for you to know that I DO NOT mean weight loss goal, like "drop 15 pounds." I'll explain why in a moment.

Number Two: Set a nutritional goal. Decide on what your nutritional strategy will be and follow with tremendous purpose. I don't even care which plan it is so much, just follow it to the best of your ablitlity for nine Straight weeks. Don't wait until Monday to start. Decide NOW. Begin TODAY.



PRACTICE:
ZNWU
RIFGA
Pistol:GTG #30 - 1/1 x 4

VO2Max Protocol: 16k 15/15 x 36 sets
Pull up: 5x5
Hanging Leg Raises: 5x5

The VO2 protocol went well today. I nearly doubled my work from last week. I noticed some interesting things during the snatch. It is almost like a new groove than I've felt in the past. Not exactly sure what is happening but it results in more power so I won't complain. I will note how it feels next snatch day.

No comments: