Monday, May 7, 2007

Lounging on the Couch

Sometimes it is good to just lounge around. Lounging is exactly the plan for today. I felt more tired when I got up this morning than when I went to sleep last night. It is the DOMS kicking in. I thought I would be ok with the muscle soreness until the first flight of stairs I had to climb at work. Just a little pain and much fatigue.

In conjunction with rest, I have done joint mobility (JM) throughout the day along with some stretching spread through out. Specifically, the JM focused on the ankles, knees and hips. Ankle rotations through the full range of motion. Followed by hip rotations and pelvic thrusts. For kicks and giggles, I tossed in neck and shoulder mobility drills as well.

Stretching involved the lower body. I have a little muscle pain and don't want to get tight as tight muscles lead to lower back problems. I focused on the calfs, hip flexors and opening up the pelvis. This is done with body weight squats which focus on stretching or elongating the spine. Stretching combined with JM has recharged me. Oh yea, more food! I can't stop eating today. I will do more of the same tomorrow.

One concern, pain or tightness at the front of L knee. I will have to keep an eye on this.

No comments: