Monday, April 23, 2007

Sacrifice is not all that bad!


I had little desire to do any workout today. I guess I got a bad case of spring fever and just want to go hang at the beach. I had to be outside so I grabbed Comrade baby and decided to head to the park. On Saturday morning we finally got a Radio Flyer wagon with pneumatic wheels, it is capable of carrying 250lbs. This is the perfect mode of transportation for hauling kettlebells to the park. This is exactly what I did.

The baby said, "Go, Go," and I placed her in the wagon, along with her ball and some water for each of us. We went to the car and grabbed a 32K kettlebell and placed it in the wagon too. The wagon handles beautiful with the added weight; both up and down hill. Comrade baby and mommy played ball at the park while I worked out.

It is almost too hard to call today's workout a sacrifice. In the process, I got stronger, I got fresh air from the ocean and the baby got to ride in her wagon and run around at the park. It is a winning situation for everyone.

Workout:
Clean and Press - 32K 5 x 4 (first time with 4 reps!)
Front Squat - 32K 5 x 5
Swing - 32K 5 x 20

No comments: