Sunday, January 11, 2009

5 min SSST

After some practice on various lifts, I planned some snatch practice. When it came time for snatches, I decided to do the test. I was actually inspired by the Karen Smith, the other RKC in Virginia Beach. She is preparing for the level 2 RKC this summer and has nailed her test a few times already. I said, "Hmmm, I should actually try in one of these days." If you rember, I did in a few months ago; I hit my number in the first 3 minutes and decided that was enough, need more practice. The 5 min snatch test is the new RKC certification standard. ALL RKCs and RKC candidates must complete the test.

Males will use the 24k kettlebell, you may switch hands as many times as you like and you may set the kettlebell down. You must complete your weight in KG for me right now that is about 84 reps/kg. I figured that anything over 86 would be a good number to shoot for. (Just keeping it humble)

Of course as soon as I hit start on the GymBoss, I changed my mind and went for 100 reps. It looked like this, 15/15, 15/15, 10/10, 10/11 = 101 reps (did 1 for the Corps). Regardless of your weight the most reps you have to complete in the test is 100. I actually rested about 43 seconds after the second set of 15/15 and had plenty left in the tank when I was done.

I plan to keep working towards improving my score in the test as it is a fantastic workout. I will shoot for the 10 min SSST in the next month or so with a goal of 200+reps. I have never attempted this test but I think it will be good GPP for the events in the spring.

Practice:
ZNWU
Rifga
OH Swing 16k x 100
Pistols 16K 10 x 1/1
TGU 16k 5 x 5/5 (alternated fluid GU and high hip)
5 min Snatch test - 101 reps

Evening:
Bike 10 min wu + 8x20sec/10sec + cool down 2 min.

No comments: