Saturday, February 9, 2008

Workshop Today and other Ramblings

Today I hosted a kettlebell workshop at CrossFit Virginia Beach. It was a great time; always fun to be teaching something. We covered basic strength fundamentals, how to create tension for more power and other Asian/Russian strength techniques. We also covered basic kettlebell lifts: swing, snatch, squat, press and get up. For me this meant demonstration and correction...for three hours.

I feel pretty good. The only things that hurt have been hurting for 3 days. It is pretty crazy, I am able to do high intensity activities and ride my bike for 24hrs straight but if I walk and stand for more than an hour, my back will hurt for days. On Wednesday, we did an inspection at work which required about 2 hours of walking. That did it!

Food:
An interesting tidbit on organic food and other products is on Sara Cheatham's Blog. She writes, "I've come to the conclusion that if it's produced for mass consumption and makes it to the shopper at a "great price," you get what you pay for: the product will be cheap and do the opposite of what you intend it to do." I tend to agree.

Sara continues with an examination of body soap. "What I thought to be a simple and basic product is in fact, not." This is very interesting.

No comments: