Saturday, January 5, 2008

My new ride: COHO Randonneuse



Today we zipped out to pick up my new COHO Randonneuse built by Chuck Lathe.
It is comfy and looks very cool. I can't wait to sit on it for about 10 hours. That's my plan to do exactly that next weekend riding the Mason-Dixon 200K beginning in Bethesda, MD.

The Randonneuse was built with:
  • Brooks saddle
  • Nitto bars, stems, seat post
  • Paul Racer brakes
  • Honjo Fenders
  • Berthoud bag,
  • (2) E6 lamps yes, two and Chuck says they are bright! I hate not being able to see at night. Especially when medium size animals are thinking about jumping in front of you.
  • Schmidt Dynohub from Peter White,
  • Synergy rims
  • Tires: Grand Bios 700x30
  • Ultegra rear hub/drive train with 9speed cassette
Thanks Chuck!

The photo shows my Ultegra SPDr pedals but I plan to use SPD pedals soon.

More photos to follow along with a review of The Ride.






Yesterday's practice:
Z 20min
JM
RIS
Iranian Push ups

I'm starting to feel pretty good and loose. I am a little sore from the RIS esp. in the hip flexors. The trade off is my back didn't bother me today.

3 comments:

Mike Dayton said...

Bob, very sharp! Can't wait to see it in person.

Mike

Jerry Phelps said...

Gorgeous--I've been very impressed with Chucks "Red Randonneuse."

I hope you have many, many miles of good adventures on this bike.

Jerry

Bob O. said...

Thanks guys. I am enjoying it so far.