Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What up?

First, keep tuned for a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT.

You ask, what up wit you?

I've been training! Not too intense as I am riding a 300k this Saturday and I WILL finish. A combination of kettlebell training and riding is the Rx this week as always.

Do you know what rocks? Saturday I rode 200K and on Monday I was back on the bike for a short ride. No pain, no fatigue. Tuesday and today I did bike and kettlebell...no pain, no fatigue.

Why does this rock? In the past years I had to really watch what I did the days following long rides. Too much intensity always led to increased time to recovery. Of course I didn't hit heavy front squats, pistols or lunges on Monday; that would be counter productive. I have built up some good endurance over the past few years in regard to both weight training and endurance events. It is the SAID principle in action.

Today:
ZNWU
TGU warm up then
20 min of 1/1TGU + 30 swing I started with 16k and moved up to 24k on 2nd set.
rest 3 hrs
Ride: 36sec on/36 sec off x 30 min.
Plank 5x30sec/30sec rest

Tuesday:
ZNWU
Complex -- 5 reps - 1 min rest (shorter than a few weeks ago)
Swing, Snatch, clean and press, row
rest 4 hrs
Ride: 8x20/10

Note: I will move to complex w/24k as soon as I'm not doing 100+mile rides every weekend preferably a 3 week rest btw events. Just because I can recover doesn't mean I want to cross that line. Failure to recover means more REST.

Monday:
ZNWU
Ride 16reps x 10/20 - spin out.
Plank - 5x30/30

Now I just have to figure out how to carb load without getting fat! I guess a dozen donuts is not the best idea. The past 2 weeks, I ate too much pasta and not enough other carbs like squash, beans and sweet potatoes. I've changed this trend starting tonight.

Tonight:
Salad - spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, avacado
Broccolli, salmon, sweet potatoes
Now I just need to find some donuts for desert! I'm kidding, I'll have some yogurt and maybe some carrots and hummus.

No comments: