Monday, August 27, 2007

Basics for foundation


Without a firm foundation all is for not. Think of a large building or even a small home. Each of these have a prescribed foundation that allow them to stand erect. The Leaning Tower of Pisa would not be leaning if the foundation would have been done correctly. In California, many large buildings are built on springs that take the shock in the event of an earthquake. Training is very similar to a building.

I could have done a workout this morning with high volume or high intensity. I would have paid for it for the rest of the week and my progress would be set back weeks. I basically took 2 weeks off from lifting perhaps a little more. It is important to ease into intensity and volume. Some would call this building a base. I like to think that that base is already present and I just need to reinforce the foundation prior to adding.

In the next few weeks, I will add volume and perhaps some intensity here and there. Because I already have an adequate base, it should only take weeks not months to return to high volume and high intensity training.

Workout: (all done prior to work)
Swing: 2x50
Clean and Press: 24K 5x 3 rung ladders
Front squat: 24K 5x5 (only 1 kb today)
Evil wheel followed by pullup: 5x5 and 5x3
Ride: 25 miles

No comments: