Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rainy Day Training

A noreaster is blowin' in so my original training plans were awash. So what's a Devil Dog to do?
I'll get to that in a minute.

On Saturday, I attended a RKC only double kettlebell workshop with Geoff Neupert, Sr RKC. It was a great day. We tweeked form on some advanced drills. We learned about the "Sports Tuned Rack" position. All to make things better, more powerful etc. During the 2 days it took to recover, I felt like I had ridden a double century.

As a result, my body is not the say as it was last week. I put on some mass. That's good but not when you are trying to drop lbs. Oh well, muscle eats calories. YUM.

Yesterday I rode 20 miles, did some swings and called it a day. I felt like a million bucks after.

So back to today:
I thought it appropriate to
1.) test my 32k ability. presses are there, 64k squats...um, yea that needs some work. I'll build up to that before the new year.

2) Review all of the evil twisted things Geoff revealed at his workshop. If this doesn't burn some fat, nothing will.

Today:
ZNWU,
FMS drills ankle mobility, ASLR, Bretzel, Swings, Get up to elbow.
24k swings x 20 + goblet squat - x 5 sts
Clean and press 32k 2x1/1 --
double 32k Clean and jerk + Front Squat x3 - seemed like a good idea at the time. Ego in check.
24k clean and press 4 rung ladders x 5 sets
double 16k ...rest 1 min btw sets and 2 between chains
clean+front squat+press+swing 5X5
Clean+front squat+push press + swing 5x5
clean+ front squat + push press + high pull 5x5
rest 5 min
clean and jerk ladders 3 x 2,4,6,8,10 - 2 min rest between ladders.

Yea that's alot of volume...DON'T all of this. 1 of the chains is enough to smoke you. this is MY practice. I have done it for a reason. I you are dumb enough to do all of this, let me know how you feel!

No comments: