Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Hardest Thing to DO

Picture is a ship sitting in the Chesapeake Bay on Christmas day.

After opening gifts on Christmas morning, I went for a ramble around the beach areas. It turned out to be a beautiful morning but I kept watching the weather looking, hoping it would get warm. I think part of me wanted an excuse to sit inside on the couch for a few more hours.

The past 4 months has been difficult to get going. I want to do things, I know the benefit and I understand the pitfalls of resting an extra day here and there. If the motivation isn't there nothing will occur. The reasons for doing what ever you do need to be clear so that you can do the consistently. Do you have a goal? Do you have a need? Do you have desire?

I find that once I am on the bike or have done the first couple sets of kettlebells or weights, I am ready to go and don't want to stop until I have met or exceeded the days planned goals. This is regardless of the difficulty of the event.

I should say that I hate everything until I am doing it. It's always been that way. This goes for all training in Marine Corps too. MCMAP (martial arts), rifle range (too early), pistol range, NBC, schools or even getting out of bed in the morning. Don't misunderstand what I've said. Once immersed in an event, I am ALL about it and it is the most important thing happening. It is fun and I want to do more.

Bottom line, go out and have FUN in your activities!

Ride:
25mi

No comments: