Friday, May 9, 2008

Running Form

I know, I don't run but...I have to a few times each year and I may as well try to make it as "painless" as possible. Today I began working on running form.

I started with Z - 10 min neural warm up.

Then a 5 min warm up - jog.

Next, a few drills -- actually there are 8 drills but I think I skipped a couple today. Did drills 30 sec each.

At the track I did the following pick ups:
30 sec pick up - concentrating on foot placement, pulling with the hammies and flicking the heel.
30 sec walk
60 sec pick up
2 min rest - consist of walking and repeating drills.

I completed this circuit 4 times.

Result:
Well, it is to be determined but, I was not and am not sore in the normal places. This is the desired effect. Efficient I am not but I think I can be. On the first 2 circuits, I was concentrating on my lower body so much that my upper body became tense. I had very little movement of the arms. I realized what I was doing quickly and tried to relax.

I plan to do this 1 or 2 times per week for the next 5 - 6 weeks. Then I will test myself (because it is that time of the year). If it works, I will be much quicker over the 3 miles and I won't be wasted the next day. Only time will tell.

At lunch:
Pistols: 3 sets x 1/1 (left/right)
Pull ups: 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 5, 4 = 50

No comments: