Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Prep Day 2

Andrey Kuzmin said, "The kettlebell is cold and unforgiving. It must be respected."

I am spending this week preparing for the real training in the upcoming weeks. Sure, I could just jump to heavy weights and high volume. I'm certain I would live to tell about it. But, I respect the kettlebell and know I need to ease into the volume a little. It's actually one of the first lessons I learned the hard way when I started training with the kettlebells a few years back. It is peculiar feeling through out the body right down to the bones. It isn't the normal muscle pain that you may have felt from time to time. It really is good stuff. Go ahead, try!

Training:
Z 10 min warm up

16k: no rests
swing - 50 left, 50 right
Clean/squat/press...left then right - 1,2,3,4,5
snatch - 50 left, 50 right
windmill - 5 left, 5 right

No comments: