Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Progress on the David Whitley Thanksgiving Challenge

I like the online training log/blog because it is very simple to search the past workouts and comments to see what worked and what didn't. It's a great tool. Exactly 9 weeks ago I took SR.RKC David Whitley's challenge and decided to work towards my snatch numbers.

The bad news is I have been complacent, I haven't worked 24k snatches nearly enough 4 times in 8 weeks to be exact. I have worked the VO2 max and boost protocols during this time. The good news is that I have made several other gains in overall health and fitness. I set a performance goal and a nutritional goal as David prescribed. While I still need some work on the performance goal and have extended it until Christmas, the benefits of working towards it have worked wonders!

Body Composition: I have lost 12 lbs and 2 inches from my waste.

I lost the majority of the weight during the first 2-3 weeks of the challenge and have been strict in my food choices. I did add some treats into the diet here and there after the first month. I have learned about the timing of such commodities.

After turkey day, I plan to restrict the treats again until the Chirstmas Holiday and shed the last few pounds before the new year. No sense in waiting!

No comments: