Thursday, April 29, 2010

Morrisville 300k-2010 edition - Lollygagging

My take on Saturday’s 2010 Morrisville to Seagrove, NC 300k is a tardy. UMMM, the dog ate my write-up. Oh yea, I don’t have one of those.

We met in the usual place said hi, registered and RBA Al gave a brief to the riders. I started the day feeling strong and hung with the lead pack until Jack Bennett Road a nice little climb that starts with long false flat. I rode most of the way to the next 2 controls solo completing the first 100k feeling great.

I departed Siler City for the short trip to Seagrove with a group of 5 or 6 riders. My legs were still feeling great for about 10—15 miles. After a little pull on Coleridge Road, I lost some horsepower and slowed. Then I slowed some more and maybe even some more. The next 15 miles were a little miserable but mentally I am in the game and knew a rest waited up yonder!

The Seagrove Control came just in time. I refueled my fuel, and topped off the water. The volunteers at the control were a very kind and most importantly they had sun screen. Although as I dawned the lotion, I figured I probably would be jinxing the entire ride with rain.

I tore out of the control on a mission to make up some time. Flying up and down the rolling terrain and zipping around the corners until I mistakenly made a wrong turn onto Trinity Church Road and explored 4 miles of the wrong road. Finally I looked at the odometer and thought, I should be at the corner in Erect. GRRRRR. I’m sure I said a few words that I learned in the Marines and can’t repeat. The bonus miles kinda sapped my motivation and I proceeded to lollygag all the way back to Siler City.

Do you know what that makes me? A lollygagger. (Bull Durham)

To my surprise Ron and Sridhar were sitting in front of the gas station eating some delicious snacks when I arrived. While I was taking care of the logistics at the control, my jinx prediction became a reality with the first of several showers.


Ron, Sridhar and Matt the ROMA RBA rode on and off together until a stop at the Andrews Store. Notable here was the amount of rednecks coming from a nearby concert that kept buzzing our posse. Insert more colorful phraseology here.One stretch of road was lined with fireflies. However, with the lack of visibility and the slippery pavement, the pace became decidedly slow. Ron and I lollygagged to Al’s house sometime before midnight.

24 comments:

俞萍 said...

Hello~Nice to meet you~..................................................

逸汝 said...

I do like ur article~!!!...................................................

東慶天芳 said...

我是天山,等待一輪明月。......................................................

DeonKilgore220 said...

生活盡可低,志氣當高潔. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bob0104byWas0104ham said...

青春一逝不復返,事業一失難有成。.............................................

0612ConsuelaC_Hovey said...

免費a片觀看,凌辱人妻溫泉 豆豆聊天室 s383情色視訊大網咖 免費視訊影片 1111免費成人電影 嘉義視訊哈啦聊天室 絕色成人 av168成人 視訊聊天室aqaq hbo論壇 45av無碼a片 免費視訊聊天網 後宮電影電影院 免費情愛影片 成人免費視訊-玩美女人 dv影視免費線上 嘟嘟kk拓網視訊 sex888免費看影片論壇,18 成人 美女視訊免費看 sogo論壇a片線上看 聊天室ukiss 免費視訊ggo 飄蟲本土自拍論壇區 情趣 用品成人用品維納斯 666成人視訊網 dodo豆豆聊天室 sex888,sexy girl avdvd無碼情色電影 sexy girl免費aa片試看 sex999免費影片兼職援交 影音視訊免費送 300 點 色美媚部落格免費 18 成人dudu sex,h影片 視訊辣妹34c甜心寶貝直播貼片 18 禁亞洲名模瘋情 aio辣妹交友愛情館 李冠儀性感照 視訊交友icc 6k聊天館 免費影片觀賞,sex女優王國 環球辣妹聊天室2009情色文學168論壇 85街免費影片 a片商 成人貼圖站色情av片 sex520-成人網 視訊美女msvt s383情色視訊網 777美女dvd 台灣a片王-avdvd 視訊美女 寫真

政儒 said...

All good things come to an end...................................................

筠銘 said...

耐斯的部落格值得推蔫! ........................................

彥安彥安 said...

來看看你逛逛blog囉,加油! ........................................

宗HeidiJ_Sco0穎 said...

你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度..................................................

renew said...

The absent are always in the wrong. ............................................................

定治定治 said...

好的開始並不代表會成功,壞的開始並不代表是失敗......................................................................

曉薇 said...

大師手筆﹐果然不凡.................................................................

孫陽泉 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。......................................................................

峻帆峻帆峻帆 said...

與人相處不妨多用眼睛說話,多用嘴巴思考.................................................................

王名仁 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

與發 said...

一個人就像一個分數,他的實際才能是分子,他對自己的評價是分母。分母越大,則分數的價值越小。..................................................

吳婷婷 said...

Practice makes perfect.............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

All roads lead to Rome. 堅持自己所選!..................................................................

宜欣宜欣 said...

唯有學習不已的老師,才能認真的教,唯有燃燒自己,才能點亮他人的燈............................................................

江桂宸江桂宸 said...

休息才能再次出發-隨時保持好體力-加油..................................................................

芳瑜芳瑜 said...

與人相處不妨多用眼睛說話,多用嘴巴思考. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

信豪信豪 said...

快下班囉~來問個安,跟您打聲招呼.................................................................

陳晏李秀樺雄 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。............................................................